First of all, don't forget to ask your sysadmin to setup autodiscover, as it will make the process of setting up Thunderbird much easier.
Go to Tools -> Account Settings and click on New
Click on Next
Enter the user's full name, his e-mail address and password. Click on Next
Outlook will search for the web service...
Allow autodiscover.emailarray.com/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml to configure the client.
The account is now configured. Click on Finish
- Access Tools -> E-Mail Accounts
- The E-mail Accounts wizard will open
- Select Add a new e-mail account and click on Next
- Select IMAP (or POP, if you prefer) and click on Next
- Setup Incoming and Outgoing mail server as per our servers & ports page (imap.emailarray.com and smtp.emailarray.com)
- In the username field type in your full e-mail address
- Click on the More Settings button and in the Outgoing Server tab, mark the checkbox for "My outgoing SMTP server requires authentication"
- On the Advanced tab, check ports, for IMAP with SSL checkbox enabled, use port 995 and for SMTP with SSL, use 465
- Click on OK to close configuration windows